- DIFC courts not an avenue to enforce foreign court judgments in Dubai
- What was the background to this dispute?
- What were the key issues in this decision?
- What does this mean in terms of the relationship between the Dubai and DIFC courts?
- Where does this leave us around the issue of enforcement?
- What are the practical implications of this decision?
Dispute Resolution analysis: The DNB Bank case has clarified that DIFC courts do not have power to refer foreign court judgments to the Dubai courts for enforcement against assets located onshore in Dubai. Adrian Bell, partner and solicitor advocate at CMS LLP, examines the background and key issues in the case, as well as the relationship between the Dubai and DIFC courts.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial