- DIFC court jurisdiction—clarifying an ‘opt-in’ (Sunteck Lifestyles v (1) Al Tamimi and Company (2) Grand Valley General Trading)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of the judgment for arbitration practitioners?
- What, in brief, was the background to the judgment?
- What issues were before the court?
- What did the court decide?
- How does this decision sit in context?
Arbitration analysis: What constitutes an effective ‘opt in’ to a court’s off-shore jurisdiction? Rupert Reed QC of Serle Court Chambers, who acted for the claimants in the case, considers the judgment in Sunteck Lifestyles Ltd v (1) Al Tamimi and Company Limited (2) Grand Valley General Trading LLC and explains the wider implications for litigation practitioners.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial