- Determining jurisdiction in international enforcement cases (B v B)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues arose for the court’s consideration?
- What did the court decide and why?
- What are the implications for practitioners? What will they need to be mindful of when advising in this area?
- How does the decision fit in with other developments in this area of law?
Family analysis: Susan Apthorp, partner, and Jonathan Day, solicitor, both at Sears Tooth, explore B v B. They explore whether the decision to stay a spouse’s application for enforcement of an English court’s financial remedy order after the other spouse applied to the court of another Member State for variation of the order.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial