- Derbyshire council challenges lawfulness of public consultation (R (on the application of Derbyshire County Council) v Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield Combined Authority)
- Original news
- What is the background to the decision?
- What did the court have to decide?
- What was the outcome of the proceedings?
- What happens now?
- Does this case assist in understanding consultation in the context of combined authorities or consultation generally?
Local Government analysis: James Goudie QC, at 11 King’s Bench Walk, examines the background to the Derbyshire County Council challenge to the lawfulness of a public consultation exercise carried out by the Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield Combined Authority.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial