- Defamation and the right to strike out the plea of justification
- Original news
- What is the background to the case?
- What did the Court of Appeal have to decide?
- Would the decision have been the same if it was decided under the Defamation Act 2013 (DA 2013)?
- What can defamation lawyers take from the decision?
IP & IT analysis: Adam Wolanski, barrister at 5RB, examines Simpson v Mirror Group Newspapers Ltd and explains how the Court of Appeal considered the proposition that the meaning of a defamatory statement does not necessarily establish the intensity of its sting.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial