- Debt for equity swaps—an introduction
- How can debt for equity swaps add to the restructuring of a company?
- In what circumstances would a debt for equity swap be appropriate?
- What constitutes an equity interest for the purposes of the swap?
- Who can participate in the swap?
- What is the tax position?
- What are the key concerns/drawbacks?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: Marc Trottier, restructuring and insolvency partner at Berwin Leighton Paisner, looks at the benefits and drawbacks of swapping debt for equity in the restructuring of a company.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial