- Data protection obligations for businesses offering Wi-Fi
- Original news
- What are Wi-Fi analytics?
- How common is the use of such analytics?
- Has the ICO successfully taken any action against any businesses in this area?
- What can businesses do to ensure compliance with DPA 1998?
- Anonymising MAC addresses
- Are there any other laws or guidance that businesses should be aware of?
- How will the General Data Protection Regulations regulate the use of such analytics?
IP & IT analysis: New guidelines for businesses and organisations that offer on-premises Wi-Fi connectivity, serves as a useful reminder of their data protection obligations to employees and customers alike. Anna Bunting, partner at Davis Blank Furniss, outlines the key points of interest in the guidance.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial