- Data Protection Day—Schrems and Safe Harbor in the public sector
- What is the background to the invalidation of the Safe Harbor framework?
- How has the public sector reacted to the development?
- What has been the approach of, for example, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the Article 29 Working Party and other European data protection authorities?
- What has been the approach of the US Department of Commerce and the FTC?
- Have any of the rules in the GDPR taken into account the Schrems ruling?
Public Law analysis: Data Protection Day aims to raise awareness as to how data is used and explores the latest developments in data protection regulation. As part of our Data Protection Day series, Pulina Whitaker, partner at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, considers the Schrems ruling and its impact on Safe Harbor from a public sector perspective in light of the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial