- Data Protection Day—Schrems and Safe Harbor
- What is the background to the invalidation of the Safe Harbor framework?
- What has been the approach of, for example, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the Article 29 Working Party and other European data protection authorities?
- What has been the approach of the US Department of Commerce and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)?
- How have businesses reacted to the development?
- Have any of the rules in the GDPR taken into account the Schrems ruling?
IP & IT analysis: Data Protection Day aims to raise awareness as to how data is used and explores the latest developments in data protection regulation. As part of our Data Protection Day series, Stephanie Pritchett, a specialist data protection lawyer and principal at Pritchetts Law, considers the impact of the recent Schrems ruling on the US Safe Harbor scheme and likely developments in relation to this under the proposed new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial