- Damages following an offer of amends (Barron MP and others v Collins MEP)
- Original news
- Briefly, what was the background to this case?
- What were the key issues before the court?
- In sum, what legal principles did the court apply when assessing compensation?
- To what extent does the judgment clarify the law in this area? Are there any grey issues or unresolved issues remaining?
- What should practitioners take away from this case in terms of best practice and procedure, advising clients etc?
- Are there any other points worth mentioning here?
IP & IT analysis: Discussing Barron and others v Collins, Aidan Wills, barrister at Matrix Chambers, says this judgment clarifies how, and at what stage, aggravating conduct by a defendant who has made an offer of amends should be assessed.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial