- Cryptoassets—not in my back yard says the Basel Committee
- Original news
- In summary, what do the BCBS’s proposals concern?
- How does the BCBS propose to classify cryptoassets from a prudential basis?
- What cryptoassets does group 1a apply to and what are the eligibility criteria?
- What cryptoassets does group 1b apply to and what are the eligibility criteria?
- What is the treatment for group 2 cryptoassets?
- Does the consultation discuss any other risks faced by banks in holding cryptoassets?
- Does the consultation discuss the treatment of CBDC?
Financial Services analysis: Partners Etay Katz, Bradley Rice and Tara Waters of Ashurst take a closer look at the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) recent consultation paper containing proposals relating to the Prudential treatment of cryptoassets exposures.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial