- Cressingham Gardens—to redevelop or refurbish? (R (on the application of Plant) v Lambeth London Borough Council)
- Original news
- What is the background to this case?
- What was the basis of the current challenge and what did the court decide?
- Despite a judgment given in favour of the local authority, the court granted the declaratory relief sought by the claimant in relation to further discussions around the ‘right to buy’—how unusual is this declaration?
- What can housing lawyers, and public lawyers more generally, take from this decision?
- Anything further of interest?
Local Government analysis: Kevin Long, housing solicitor at London’s Hackney Law Centre, considers the likely implications of the decision in R (on the application of Plant) v Lambeth London Borough Council
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial