- Creating a secondary annuity market—exploring some of the issues
- Original news
- What are the key points from these latest consultations on the creation of a secondary annuity market? Are there any outstanding issues?
- Do the consultation documents on the secondary annuity market raise any important new details and issues? If so, are these significant to the viability of the secondary market?
- Do the FCA’s draft rules and guidance go far enough to protect sellers participating in the secondary annuity market? If not, what other risk protections should be included?
- What else is required in order for the creation of a properly open and transparent secondary annuity market for providers, sellers and buyers of second-hand annuities?
- Are there any practical challenges that the parties involved in a secondary annuity marketplace continue to face?
- Are there any other points of interest?
Pensions analysis: Henry Tapper, director of First Actuarial and founder of Pension PlayPen, examines the main changes in the latest consultation from the Treasury, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and HMRC, and explores potential issues surrounding the creation of a secondary annuity market.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial