- Court of Appeal—satisfying consent orders effect on other tortfeasors (Vanden Recycling v Kras Recycling)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- How did the 'satisfaction of a consent order' issue arise in the present case?
- The effect of a satisfaction of a judgment
- The effect of satisfaction of a settlement agreement
- Applying the authorities on the effect of satisfaction of a settlement or judgment to satisfaction of a consent order
- If satisfaction of the consent order barred claims against the other tortfeasors, why did the court allow the claimant's appeal?
- Case details
Dispute Resolution analysis: The Court of Appeal has held that while satisfaction of a consent order can take effect in the same way as judgment satisfaction, so as to bar claims against other tortfeasors for the same damage; on the facts of the present case, the claims covered by the consent order did not extend to all the claims brought against the other tortfeasor who was not a party to the consent order and so those claims should be permitted to continue.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial