- Court of Appeal interprets ‘relevant policies for the supply of housing’
- Original news
- What is the background to this case? Why is it significant?
- What were the key issues before the court?
- What are the practical implications of this decision?
- What action should lawyers be taking in light of this decision?
- How does this fit in with other developments in this area? Do you have any predictions for future developments?
Planning analysis: How are the courts applying the meaning of the term ‘relevant policies for the supply of housing’ for the purposes of paragraph 49 of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF)? Christopher Lockhart-Mummery QC of Landmark Chambers, says whether a particular policy is a paragraph 49 policy is a matter for the decision-maker, applying the correct legal interpretation.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial