- Court of Appeal considers meaning of practical completion under agreement for lease (Mears v Costplan)
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- What was the background?
- What did the court decide?
- Construction of clause 6.2.1
- Whether practical completion could be certified
- Case details
Construction analysis: The Court of Appeal upheld the ruling of the Technology and Construction Court (TCC) and concluded that a breach of a term in an agreement for lease (AFL) concerning the sizing of the property did not necessarily preclude practical completion of the works. In addition, and more importantly, the court provided a summary of the law on the meaning of practical completion.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial