- Court mindful of consumer protection in forum dispute
- Original news
- What key issues did this case raise?
- Did the decision clarify the law regarding jurisdiction?
- Does it matter whether the defendant provided services in Scotland only once or habitually?
- Are there any grey areas in this area?
- What should lawyers advise their clients (businesses or customers)?
Dispute Resolution analysis: A recent case in the Technology and Construction Court (TCC) offers some important guidance to businesses offering services across state borders. Richard Hugill, partner in the litigation and dispute resolution department of Harrowells LLP who represented the claimant, examines the factors the court took into account to determine the appropriate forum.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial