- Court considers question of fundamental dishonesty
- Original news
- What was the background to the introduction of section 57 of the Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015 (CJCA 2015)?
- What were the key issues in the recent phantom passenger cases?
- What factors led the court to a finding of fundamental dishonesty in these cases?
- How do these decisions tie in with other developments in this area of law and do you have any predictions for the future?
- What should practitioners take from the judgment?
Personal Injury analysis: Claire Laver, partner in the claims solutions group at DAC Beachcroft, comments on the recent case of Shahid v Puddick and considers whether it opens up a new avenue for insurers in the fight against fraud.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial