- Court considers interim asylum detention policy
- Original news
- What were the background facts?
- What were the main issues in this test case?
- What did the court decide, and why?
- Does the judgment give clarity in this area of law? Are there any unresolved matters?
- What are the consequences of the decision?
Immigration analysis: The lawfulness of the Home Secretary’s interim policy for handling asylum claims by persons held in immigration detention following the suspension of her previous fast-track policy is examined by Stephanie Harrison QC, Shu Shin Luh and Anthony Vaughan, of Garden Court Chambers, in the light of the recent Hossain case.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial