- Court considers construction of exclusion clauses in contracts of insurance (AIG Europe Insurance Ltd v Impact Funding Solutions Ltd)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What was the main issue that arose and why is the case significant?
- What did the Supreme Court decide, and why?
- Does the decision clarify the law in this area and does it leave any remaining grey areas?
- What are the consequences of the decision?
- What should lawyers and their clients take away from the judgment?
Dispute Resolution analysis: The Supreme Court’s analysis of the standard ‘trade debts’ exclusion clause in solicitors’ professional indemnity policies is examined by Mark Cannon QC and Clare Dixon, of 4 New Square, following the judgment in AIG Europe Insurance v Impact Funding Solutions.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial