- Country-by-country reporting and greater tax transparency
- What is CbCR and what part does it play in fulfilling the aims of the base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS) project?
- What rules has the UK government already implemented on CbCR?
- What is the significance of the recent Finance Bill amendment?
- What has been the attitude of other countries to CbCR, and what do you think are the prospects for a multilateral agreement?
Tax analysis: A late amendment in the process of the Finance Bill through Parliament will enable legislation to require companies to publish country-by-country reports, showing where they paid their taxes and earned their revenues. Tom Dane and Andrew Packman of PwC examine country-by-country reporting (CbCR) and suggest that without international consensus the rules will not come into effect.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial