- Could the amended NHS charging regime deter people from seeking treatment?
- Original news
- What is the background to this legislation?
- What do the amendments do?
- What are any areas of concern?
- What does this mean for practitioners?
- How does this fit in with other developments in this area of law? Do you have any predictions for future developments?
Immigration analysis: ‘Hostile environment’, the strategy of immigration-deterrence pioneered by the Home Office under Theresa May, has edged closer to healthcare provision with changes to NHS charges for non-UK patients. Steve Valdez-Symonds, of Amnesty International, assesses the nuts and bolts of the policy changes, as well as some likely ramifications.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial