- Costs of managing development included defending threatened proceedings (Bretby Hall v Pratt)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- What was the issue involved?
- What were the management company’s arguments?
- What did the UT decide?
- What about enforcement costs?
- Case details
Property analysis: Subject to the question of reasonableness, the costs of defending threatened proceedings by the tenant fell squarely within the costs of managing a development, which were recoverable under a service charge. There was no reason why the parties should have intended that the costs would only be recoverable if proceedings were actually commenced.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial