- Corporate Insolvency and Governance Bill—a view from the restructuring and insolvency profession
- What are the main points that the Bill covers?
- Company moratorium
- Prohibition of winding-up petitions
- Prevention of termination clauses on insolvency in supply contracts
- Temporary change to wrongful trading
- Restructuring plans
- Extension of deadlines to file certain documents at Companies House
- Power to amend corporate insolvency or governance legislation
- What is the likely timing for enactment of the Bill?
- What are the practical implications?
- Are there any obvious omissions or areas which are unclear?
- Useful links
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: The new Corporate Insolvency and Governance Bill was published on 20 May 2020. Frances Coulson, head of insolvency and litigation at Moon Beever LLP considers the Bill from a restructuring and insolvency perspective.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial