- Coronavirus (COVID-19)—Challenges for insolvency practitioners
- Are IPs anticipating an increase in directors and lenders seeking advice in the light of coronavirus?
- What practical challenges are IPs facing in carrying out independent business reviews and contingency planning in the light of social distancing and self-isolation?
- What challenges are IPs facing regarding dealing with stakeholders and creditors, and how can these be addressed?
- How are IPs taking formal appointments looking to carry out their functions in the light of coronavirus?
- What other practical challenges do you anticipate?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: There are, very likely, a huge number of cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) which have not yet been identified. Businesses have started to close and thousands are in isolation. On top of that, the cost to the global economy of the coronavirus pandemic is estimated in the trillions. Marco Piacquadio, director at BTG Global Advisory, considers what this means for insolvency practitioners (IPs).
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial