- Contracting with ecommerce platforms
- What contractual arrangements exist where a trader contracts with a provider of a cloud ecommerce platform (eg Shopify, BigCommerce or EKM)—both with that platform and any third parties?
- To what extent can traders generally negotiate the relevant terms? Are there any notable exceptions?
- What are the key legal issues for the trader’s legal advisors to consider when advising the trader?
- Price/renewal terms
- Service levels and service credits
- What issues often arise from the terms put forward by platform providers and related third parties?
Commercial analysis: How is ecommerce changing the ways in which traders make contractual arrangements? Nick Phillips, a partner at Edwin Coe LLP, looks at the different types of ecommerce platform solutions and explains the issues surrounding contractual arrangements, including key legal considerations for the trader.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial