- Contentious trusts and Brexit—looking beyond the implementation period
- How might Brexit affect the enforcement of an English judgment where the trust assets are in Europe after the implementation period (ie post 31 December 2020 at 11 pm)?
- What effect might Brexit have on a jurisdiction clause in favour of the English courts in a trusts context after the implementation period?
- What might the implications of Brexit be on privilege when advising Private Clients? What precautions might practitioners take?
- Any concluding comments on what Brexit might mean for trust disputes with an EU connection?
Private Client analysis: Nicholas Holland, partner and Anita Shah, associate both of McDermott Will & Emery consider how contentious trusts may be affected following the UK’s withdrawal from the EU.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial