- Consumer Scotland Bill—doubling down on consumer protection?
- Original news
- What are the proposed changes and why are these being put in place?
- What will Consumer Scotland do?
- What new duties have been imposed on public authorities and why?
- How does the Bill impact on consumer rights, traders dealing with consumers, and enforcement of consumer protection laws?
- How does this compare with protections in England and Wales?
Commercial analysis: In June 2019, the Scottish Government tabled the Scottish Consumer Bill, which will see Consumer Scotland, a consumer advocacy and advice body, established. Jamie Dunne, senior solicitor in the government, regulation and competition team at Brodies, discusses the Bill and says that Consumer Scotland has been given ‘surprisingly significant’ investigatory powers.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial