- Consumer protection for pension scheme members
- Original news
- What is the background to the consultation and the draft regulations?
- What changes do the consultation and draft regulations aim to implement?
- What are the implications for trustees of occupational pension schemes and providers of the proposals?
- What impact, if any, will the changes have for members wishing to access or transfer their pension benefits?
- Do the proposed changes achieve their aim? Are there any issues that remain unresolved?
Pensions analysis: Will proposed new consumer protections in relation to pensions achieve their aim? Anne-Marie Winton, partner at ARC Pensions Law, explains what is proposed and why, and says a problem could arise because of a lack of precise data as to how many members with safeguarded-flexible benefits exist.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial