- Consultation on DB consolidation—are superfunds the future?
- Original news
- What are the implications for pension schemes?
- What is the background to the consultation?
- How would a superfund work?
- What are the government’s proposals on the regulation of superfunds?
- What are the government’s proposals on the authorisation of superfunds?
- What are the government’s proposals on the supervision of superfunds?
- What are the government’s proposals on superfund transactions?
- How will superfunds be treated in relation to section 75 debts and the PPF Levy?
- Section 75 employer debt
- PPF levy
- What else does the consultation paper cover?
- DB master trust accreditation
- GMP conversion legislation
- What are the next steps
Pensions analysis: On 7 December 2018, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) published a consultation paper which sets out a number of measures to support the consolidation of defined benefit (DB) pension schemes. In particular, the government is seeking views on a new legislative framework for authorising and regulating DB ‘superfund’ consolidation vehicles of the type envisaged by its March 2018 Pensions White Paper.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial