- Consultation on bulk transfer of contracted-out pension rights without member consent
- Original news
- What is the background to this consultation?
- What are the changes proposed by the DWP?
- What is the timing of the proposed changes?
- What is the significance of these proposals?
Pensions analysis: On 21 December 2017, the DWP launched a consultation on the bulk transfer of contracted-out pension rights without member consent. Appended to the consultation paper are draft regulations, the Contracting-out (Transfer and Transfer Payment) (Amendment) Regulations 2018, which enable bulk transfers of contracted-out rights in certain circumstances without member consent, to schemes that have never been contracted out. The consultation closes on 17 January 2018.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial