- Consensus-driven regulation of social media sites
- What are the main arguments ‘for’ and ‘against’ regulation?
- Where do we stand today in terms of existing regulation?
- What are the current proposals for regulation—in the UK and in Europe?
- What effect is Brexit likely to have on the UK’s position—any thoughts as to whether Britain may go further than the rest of Europe (based on reported intentions) in its regulation?
TMT analysis: Following various complaints to government over so-called fake news, including a Panorama investigation into Facebook, the Conservative party has pledged to ‘regulate the internet’, but just how far can we actually go to regulate it? Tom Guida, head of media and entertainment at Fieldfisher, considers some of many aspects to this complex objective.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial