- Closed material procedures—applying the abuse of process principles (Kamoka v Security Service)
- Original news
- What is the significance of this case? Why is it important for practitioners?
- How helpful is this judgment in clarifying the law in this area? Are there any remaining grey areas?
- How can these abuse concepts be applied when proceedings have been conducted under the closed material procedure with the use of special advocates?
- What are the practical implications of the judgment? What should practitioners be mindful of when advising in this area?
- How does this case fit in with other developments in this area of the law? Do you have any predictions for future developments in this area?
Dispute Resolution analysis: Helen Law, barrister at Matrix Chambers, assesses the strict application of the abuse of process principles in closed material procedures.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial