- Clinical negligence—the challenges of claiming against the NHS
- Have there been any trends in the types of claims brought against the NHS over the past year or increases in certain types of claim?
- Are we likely to see an increase in claims as a result of the junior doctors’ strikes?
- To what extent are clinical negligence claims brought against the NHS successful? What proportion of claims end up in court?
- How is the level of compensation decided?
- What are the challenges for clinical negligence practitioners advising clients who are bringing cases against the NHS?
Personal Injury analysis: What are the challenges claimants may face when bringing a clinical negligence claim against the NHS? Rosamund Rhodes-Kemp, head of clinical negligence and personal injury at Hudgell Solicitors, explains the importance of vetting claims at the outset and reviewing evidence thoroughly at each stage of the process in order to secure the best chance of a successful outcome.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial