- Clean air zones—a breath of fresh air?
- Original news
- What is the background to this?
- What does the Ambient Air Quality Directive require?
- How is the UK proposing to meet those requirements?
- What is the existing legislation and what does it require?
- What are the key areas in this policy paper?
- Does this cover different issues from what the Commission has agreed set out in their press release entitled 'National emissions of air pollutants: Council agrees its position on new limits?' If so, what are the differing issues?
Environment analysis: How do the plans to introduce clean air zones in many UK cities fit in with existing air quality legislation? William Wilson, barrister in the environmental law unit at Burges Salmon, considers this latest development in the push for better air quality.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial