- Clarification of the relationship between notices to quit in Scotland and s 34 of the Sheriff Courts (Scotland) Act 1907 (M7 Real Estate Investments Partners VI Industrial Propco Limited v Amazon UK Services Limited)
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- What was the background?
- What did the court decide?
- Was the court's decision expected?
- Does the issue with section 34 of the 1907 Act referred to in the case affect agricultural lets?
Property analysis: The Outer House of the Court of Session has ruled that landlords of large commercial sites need only give their tenants the common law 40 days’ notice in a notice to quit to prevent automatic renewal of the lease by tacit relocation. Andrew Smith, associate at Burness Paull, explains the background to the case and practical implications of the judgment.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial