- Clarification of the law in relation to the Statute of Frauds
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues arose for the court’s consideration?
- What did the court decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area? Are there still any unresolved issues practitioners will need to watch out for?
- How does the decision fit in with other developments in this area of law?
- What are the implications for practitioners? What will they need to be mindful of when advising in this area?
Dispute Resolution analysis: The continuing applicability of section 4 of the Statute of Frauds 1677 is considered by Matthew Abraham, of South Square, following the High Court’s decision in myBarrister Ltd v Hewetson.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial