- CJEU considers the principle of effectiveness
- Original news
- What were the facts of the case?
- What questions were referred?
- What did the CJEU decide?
- To what extent does the court's decision clarify the law in this area?
- What (if any) are the implications for commercial lawyers?
Commercial analysis: Anna Medvinskaia, barrister at Gough Square Chambers, points out that Finanmadrid v Zambrano is another example of the Court of Justice of the European Union’s (CJEU) willingness to rule on the incompatibility of national procedural or other requirements with the rights guaranteed by EU Directives.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial