- CJEU challenges UK VAT group practices
- Original news
- What was the basis for the European Commission’s challenge to the UK’s (and other countries’) legislation on VAT grouping?
- What was at stake for UK groups of companies—for instance, for holding companies, and for acquisition vehicles?
- What did the CJEU decide? Is it all good news for taxpayers?
- Is this likely to have any impact on the European Commission’s proposal to amend EU legislation so that only taxable persons are eligible to be members of VAT groups (COM/2009/325)?
- What should lawyers do next?
Tax analysis: Why has the European Commission challenged the UK’s position on VAT groups? Ben Brown, senior associate at Allen & Overy, says the decision by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) is good news for tax payers.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial