- Christmas—practical tips for employers
- What is Christmas and how long does it last? Who celebrates Christmas?
- What considerations does it raise for employers?
- Would you advise employers to have a policy covering religious observance? If so, what would it cover?
- How would you advise employers to deal with requests for time off over Christmas?
- What other issues may arise?
Employment analysis: Sarah Chilton, partner at CM Murray, discusses practical considerations for employers over the Christmas period. Chilton points out there are potential issues around holidays and forms of discrimination against individuals of specific religions. Christmas parties can also, for example, raise a host of issues such as sexual harassment, bullying and managing alcohol consumption at work events.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial