- Charities and the importance of complying with data protection law
- Original news
- What prompted the ICO’s investigation?
- What is the outcome of the investigation?
- The charities involved were all household names. Without going into specifics for each charity, how and why did they fail to follow data protection rules?
- What impact will all this have on the charity sector? Could there be wider ramifications?
- How should lawyers advise their clients so that they avoid similar fines? For instance, what action should charity trustees take in light of this development?
Private Client analysis: Reema Mathur, a senior associate in the charity and social enterprise team at Stone King LLP, and Clive Vergnaud, a solicitor in the team, discuss the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) investigation into the way some charities have handled donors’ personal information.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial