- Challenging the validity of an IVA
- Original news
- What was the background to the appeal, briefly?
- What were the legal issues the Court of Appeal had to decide?
- What were the main legal arguments put forward?
- Construction issue
- Ratification issue
- Material irregularity issue
- What did the Court of Appeal decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What practical lessons can those advising take away from this case?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: Has the judgment in Narandas-Girdhar and another v Bradstock clarified the position when challenging the approval of a voluntary arrangement by a creditors’ meeting? Katherine Hallett, barrister at 13 Old Square Chambers, explores the decision and the practical implications when seeking to set aside an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA).
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial