- Challenging the authority of the House of Lords (R (Al Rabbat) v Westminster Magistrates’ Court (HM Attorney General intervening))
- Original news
- What was the background to the application?
- What was the Divisional Court being asked to determine?
- What did the court decide, and why?
- Why might the judgment be of interest to those seeking to challenge previous decisions of the House of Lords or Supreme Court?
Corporate Crime analysis: In R (Al Rabbat) v Westminster Magistrates’ Court, the High Court refused a challenge to a judge’s decision to block the private prosecution of Tony Blair and others for the Iraq invasion based on an argument that the Supreme Court was likely to depart from a previous decision on the law of aggression. The decision is explored by Antonia Benfield, of Mansfield 1GIS Chambers.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial