- Challenges presented by the GDPR in its first year in the employment context
- Over the last year, what problem areas or tricky situations have arisen in applying the GPDR in an employment context?
- What have you found to be the best practical ways to deal with these?
- What has been the impact of there not yet being an updated employment practices code from the ICO?
- Have you noticed any particular changes in employee behaviour or requests following the introduction of the GDPR and the associated publicity of data protection issues?
- Are there any particularly contentious issues between employers and employees concerning data protection that you think will have to be determined by the courts or resolved with specific guidance from the ICO?
Employment analysis: One year on from the introduction of the GDPR, Kim Roberts, counsel at King & Spalding, assesses its impact in the field of employment.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial