- CCS in the UK—finally breaking ground
- Original news
- Judging by recent reports, and previous government comments, what is the position of CCUS in the UK power sector?
- What are the key drivers and challenges for deployment of CCUS in the UK power sector?
- Do the latest publications announce any significant new or positive developments compared to what was previously known?
- What are the key expected next steps for CCUS in the UK power sector?
Environment analysis: After a bumpy road for UK Carbon Capture, Usage and Storage (CCUS), positive noises from the government suggest that change may be afoot. Stuart Gilfillan, senior lecturer at the School of Geosciences at The University of Edinburgh, gives an assessment for a controversial technology often seen to favour fossil fuel power, but which possibly holds the key to rapid decarbonisation in the UK and around the world.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial