- Carillion crisis—employment
- Original news
- What is usually the effect of a liquidation on employees?
- If another company takes on a public services contract previously operated by one of the Carillion companies, will they take on employment liabilities?
- What is the position for Carillion employees working on private sector contracts?
- If staff are made redundant, will they still receive their contractual notice and redundancy pay? Are there any other payments they may be entitled to?
Employment analysis: What happens to a company’s employees following compulsory liquidation, and how does it differ from administration or voluntary liquidation? Deana Bates, of the employment team at Simpson Millar, explains the impact of the collapse of Carillion on its employees.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial