- Can an interested party seek its costs under a CPR 5.4C application? (Re Dring)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this decision?
- What was this case about?
- What were the facts?
- What were the main legal arguments arising?
- What did the judge decide?
- Case details
Dispute Resolution analysis: In proceedings brought on behalf of Asbestos Victims Support Groups Forum (UK) under CPR 5.4C, the court was asked to consider the applicant’s potential costs liability to an interested third party on notice of the application. The decision to impose a condition on the third party taking part in the proceedings not to seek costs serves as a warning to those seeking to ambush litigation by forcing a litigant to retreat for fear of costs consequences.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial