- Building a safer future—the government’s building and fire safety implementation plan
- Original news
- What is the background to publication of the implementation plan?
- What key measures regarding building safety have already been implemented?
- What are the government’s overall aims in further reforming the regulatory building safety system? What are the key areas where further reform will focus?
- What are the most fundamental proposals which the government wants to consult on? Will these be effective in meeting the stated aims?
- Are there any areas where reform will be difficult or resisted by the industry?
- What is the proposed time frame for implementation of these measures?
Construction analysis: In December 2018, the government published its implementation plan for fundamental reform of the building and fire safety regulatory system. Hannah Mycock-Overell, senior solicitor at Clarkslegal, discusses the background to the plan and examines in detail the government’s key aims and proposals for reform.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial