- Budget 2018—corporate capital loss restriction
- Original news:
- What is the proposed CCLR?
- So what does the CCLR do?
- The CCLR does not contain any elements of liberalisation
- The CCLR is a purely restrictive measure
- For companies which are not able to use the deductions allowance in full to shelter capital gains
- How will the new rules interact with the existing CILR?
- How do the anti-forestalling rules work and are there any difficulties with their implementation?
- Why is the government proposing this new restriction?
- How many companies are affected and when will the new rule take effect from?
Tax analysis: Timothy Jarvis, partner at Squire Patton Boggs, unpicks the proposed corporate capital loss restriction (CCLR) consultation announced in the Budget 2018. He considers the breadth of the effects of the CCLR and how it will be applied to corporations.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial