- Budget 2016—consulting on changes to rules on offshore life insurance policy taxation
- Original news
- Did these announcements come as a surprise?
- What might be their significance for wealthy individuals, including non-UK domiciliaries and the insurance industry?
- What is the likelihood that the consultations will result in changes?
- How do they fit in with the government’s other policies on tax avoidance and evasion?
- Any other thoughts?
Private Client analysis: A consultation on changes to rules on life insurance policy part surrenders and part assignments, and a consultation on changes to personal portfolio bonds investment classes were announced in Budget 2016. Paul Ayres, national head of private clients at BDO LLP, looks at the announcements.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial